August 18, 2019
- Treasurer Troy Ivey gave a brief budget update.
- He had to transfer money from the Rainy Day Fund to the General Fund to cover routine expenses.
- On a positive note, contributions were up slightly over July of last year.
- It is time to begin the election of elders for the Class of 2022
- It was decided that the currently elected Nominating Committee would be used.
- The Congregational meeting to elect the elders will also elect a new Nominating Committee for 2020.
- Avalon Hospice will be using the sanctuary for their annual worship service on November 7.
- New Hope will be sponsoring the Christmas Village again this year on November 23rd.
- Because of several scheduling conflicts;
- The potluck for October will be held on October 20th.
- The Session meeting for September will be Saturday, September 21st and the meeting for October will be Saturday, October 19th.
- The book study of Frederick Buechner’s book, “The Gospel as Tragedy, Comedy, and Fairy Tale” will be held on the following Saturdays; September 7 and 21 and October 5 and 12.
- The Chattanooga Sewing group will be using the McMillan Building on October 26, 27, 28 for their retreat.
- The Session approved an updated church policy booklet.