Summary of the Session Meeting
January 20, 2019
- The Session approved the 2019 budget.
- Troy Ivey will provide the congregation with a written financial report and will discuss our financial status at the potluck dinner at the end of February.
- Approval was given the Sewing Guild to use the McMillan Building for a retreat February 16, 17 and 18.
- Peter Savard was approved as the commissioner to the Presbytery Meeting on February 9 at Rivermont Presbyterian Church.
- March 2nd was set as the date for the annual Session retreat.
- The Session approved the annual Presbyterian Statistical Report.
- The Session discussed concerns regarding the resident goose population.
- We will looking into ways to ease the situation.
- The Session is developing a church policy book.
- Church policies will be presented at the February meeting for discussion and possible approval.
- The Session adopted a Pastor’s Job Description which will be added the policy book.
- Other job descriptions will follow.
- The Session will be looking at strategic planning for mission starting in February.
The next stated Session meeting is February 17th.